Personal Style

Pairing A Vintage Lace Blouse With A Rock Outfit

Laced Up in A Vintage Lace Blouse

Laced Up In A Vintage Lace Blouse

Laced Up In A Vintage Lace Blouse

Laced Up In A Vintage Lace Blouse

Laced Up In A Vintage Lace Blouse

I bought this lace blouse on Ebay seven years ago. It is part of a co-ord from the beginning of the 20th century. Sometimes I like to wear it vintage-y, other times I like to make it contemporary like today. I chose to pair it with fringed jeans and a leather biker jacket to tone down the rock vibe of the outfit.

I shot this outfit in the late afternoon when we were finally graced with arrays of sun. I love the golden hour for the soft light it provides but it seems to never last long in the UK. The sun sets so soon here that I barely had 45 minutes to take all the pictures I wanted as it started to darken at 4.30pm.  Nonetheless, I still love the contrast between the pictures. Under the sun, the lace blouse highlights my rings while when it’s darker it becomes a dramatic piece.

Can we talk about these jeans? I got them at the same time I found my star-spangled ones. When I saw their fringes I totally fell in love. With them no need to exaggerate. I felt though adding some patent leather boots would have been great! If you didn’t tell yet I’m fond of the patent leather and metallic shoe. Somehow I feel adding a large brimmed hat and voilà! I’m ready for the next fesitival

How do you pair/wear your vintage pieces?

Enregistrer

Enregistrer

Enregistrer

Enregistrer

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

andreasnirvana
    24th March 2017 at 9:20 am

Loved this!! When it comes to my vintage pieces of clothing, I pair them either with something new and funky or with another vintage piece ❤😆

Emmanuelle
      24th March 2017 at 10:01 pm

Hello Andrea!

Thank you for your comment!

I’m glad you love the outfit! I don’t really mix many vintage pieces together but that’s something I’m not against. With vintage I love playing between old and new.

Emmanuelle

Kate
    27th March 2017 at 2:43 pm

Such a pretty lace blouse, I love how you’ve teamed it with a leather jacket. Such a gorgeous look!

VioletDaffodils
    xx

Emmanuelle
      27th March 2017 at 3:07 pm

Hello Kate, thank you for your lovely comment! Leather and lace was a combo I wanted to try for the nice contrast. Emmanuelle, xx

Elizabeth Seal
    27th March 2017 at 4:33 pm

I love this so much! I’m all about putting a modern spin on vintage pieces, your outfit is so lovely! 😀 xx

elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

Emmanuelle
      28th March 2017 at 4:10 pm

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank your for your comment! I’m glad you like the outfit! I’m also like you for vintage pieces. Especially with that lace blouse that can look quite costume-y if paired with another vintage piece.

Emmanuelle,